Life and occurences!!!

Life is a series of short stories,pretending to be a novel.

There is no paucity of humor in ones life, we just don't see it.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Flights OF Fantasy!!

SCENE 3


BLACK-BURIED!!!



As i sat back in the flight reviewing one of my research papers on "Blood flow through Cerebral Arteries", I could almost feel an abundance of Blood in my cerebral system. I had'nt slept for almost 48 hrs, it was beginning to take its toll on me. I thought I should probably catch a nap. I have been one of the elite few, who has had the pleasure of napping at a runway in an Airbus A 320 for over two hrs.The flight that taxied away from the gate, had to halt again at the runway for a repeated thunder shower warning at Chicago.
I have driven to Chicago twice before and never have I expressed as my awe, as I did towards the Wind City. But my perspective towards the city was entirely different on that particular occasion from the runway.
I figured , I had to reschedule on my connecting flight. I looked into my itinerary that read "contact us at 1800-UNITED-1". That number would actually turn out to be drastically different when dialed from a Black Berry Pearl. (Take a look at the Key pad). Well it turns out that the Wind City was not the only entity on my HATE list.Luckily my boarding pass carried an advertisement of a mobile network. I managed to decipher the number from a picture of a phone on the advertisement. That was the best the Airliner had to offer me that night. I called the reservation help line, I was pretty sure I was pretty sure I had called my Mother Land. My request for a reschedule was processed, I was put onto the next available flight from the Wind City, at 6.00 AM to San Jose, with a connection at LA. While I did all of this, I still was at the runway. I was still in Cleveland!



6 comments:

Nan said...

Waow!!..Your blog is a treat man..I am so looking forward to the rest of the story..

Arun said...

@nancy

thank you..
That journey was quite an adventure...

yogi said...

Hey the title of ur blog had me in complete splits again! u can entice people to read ur blog jus by ur alluring title!!!! I guess it still continues to remain black-buried wid an immobile mouse!!!

Arun said...

@ Yogi

Totally, you have seen that piece of instrument ..

yogi said...

Hey, I have read all d reviews of all possible critics giving a thumbs up!!! to dark Knight! n guess what am still waiting for that blog! jus hoping dat u do write one b4 d next one in d Batman series hits d silverscreen!!!

Sandy said...

Really nice blog man :)

Here's a little tip if you get caught in the same situation again:

To type the words in Blackberry, try pressing the ALT or the right shift key and then the letter in combination to get the letter on the screen (for instance 1-877-BLKBERR). HTH :)