Life and occurences!!!

Life is a series of short stories,pretending to be a novel.

There is no paucity of humor in ones life, we just don't see it.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Flights Of Fantasy!!

SCENE 2

Cleve-Landed!!!!


With every step, I was getting closer to food. Considering I lived on a cup of Ethiopian coffee, since evening, it was time for me to grab a bite.I spent over 50 hrs getting to Cleveland from India the previous year, I really thought it was the airport that was jinxed. I walked, some distance in the airport following my co-passengers, into what was the never ending corridor at the airport. Jinxed it was, when i realized the only place that was opened there, was a place where they sold bagels. On any other occasion I would have slid my tongue out and given the expression that I'd rather die than eat that. Unfortunately, I was not ready to die that night.

To my delight every other passenger who was aboard my flight was at the bagel place.... I really thought I had dashed my way on to the store. I guess there was some sort of a mass grumbling in the flight, that the captain must have heard!!!! Or may be it was him that he heard. He led the queue at the beagle place.

We had about half an hour before our flight would take off (again!). The beagle place was, short staffed. There was one young lad, who was probably at his first day at work. You would'n expect 40 people crowding at a bagel store at 10.30 PM !! I was last in line (again!, like every thing that happens to me in life). We had a few Americans ahead of us, who ordered their dish, They went about the job like they were at a 5 star place with time frozen and the people after them in the queue were all non entities. They finally got their order PREPARED, and slowly moved on. They sure made a complete English dinner for themselves. We then at the end of the queue realized, that we were short of time, and that is when we decided to buy veggie beagles for the rest of us. One gentleman came forward, paid up the money and purchased the entire tray for the rest of us.

10:30 PM , and I am still in Cleve-Land. Been 5 hrs since i got to the airport.

No comments: